10.22.2007

ghostly cake


Tonight for family home evening, I decided to stop being a slacker mom and make something really fun for dessert. So, we had a [gluten-free] double-layer chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting, with a host of Peeps ghosts haunting a mellowcreme pumpkin patch. The kids were thrilled. I even busted out the old cake decorating kit and did a border around it in chocolate frosting. I made them wait to have some until after we'd finished making our Halloween crafts [pumpkin magnets and furry spiders left over from the Oriental Trading Company order I placed like two years ago]. Fun was had by all, and no one even got burnt by the hot glue gun. Not even me, which is somewhat suprising.

2 comments:

Megan said...

How cute! I have to make a bunch of Halloween treats this weekend for Destroy's bithday and for various events. So, thanks for the ideas! Did you get the ghosts and pumpkins from a regular grocery store?

aisha said...

Target-where else, right! I'm sure that grocery stores carry them as well. I didn't realize Destroy's birthday was coming up so soon! How fun!