12.26.2007

a merr-wii christmas

At last! Libby, Bailey, and Julia finally in possession of the coveted Wii! They were, in a word, excited. Bailey was the first one up Christmas morning at 5:00 am [not including when I told him to get back to bed after I heard him creaking down the stairs near midnight] and the rest were up at 6:00. They were allowed to explore their stocking fare, but the family rule is that we open gifts all together. Bailey and Libby had already scoped out a box that they thought might contain a Wii [we had told them we might not have it in time for Christmas, just to keep them in suspense]. Just as soon as it was opened, it was out of the box and Owen was getting it set up. They spent most of Christmas day taking turns playing the various games they had selected.

Here Libby practices along with High School Musical, with Julia wielding a Wii remote to perform the background percussion for her. She's getting pretty good at the songs now! I think I will have them all memorized myself before too much longer. Maybe when the kids go to bed I'll have to take over the mike and see how I fare. Actually, I will most likely have to wait until Owen beats the current Wii game he's playing. It was hard getting him to take his turns like everyone else yesterday! And when the kids went to bed he kept playing until bedtime. Fine by me-it finally gave me a chance to try out my new Nintendo DS [from Owen] with a really fun vocabulary builder game that Santa slipped into my stocking.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like fun! What other games did you get? I got Aaron guitar hero III for Christmas but that's the only other game we have. I've heard about a kerioke one (probably kind of like high school musical).

aisha said...

Bailey would love to get Guitar Hero. Maybe next year! Right now we have High School Musical, Big Brain Academy, Mario and Sonic Olympics, Mario Party 8, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn [this is the one Owen is working on], Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [one of Bailey's picks], Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Wii Play. There are some other karaoke ones that look like fun, and I must admit that I've looked into Dance Dance Revolution. And I was laughing at Libby yesterday when she said her arm hurt from Olympic fencing with Bailey! I'm still getting used to all the Wii activity. I believe it's just as fun watching people play as it is to play itself!

Megan said...

Aaron always complains of a sore shoulder. From none other than Wii tennis.

Jennifer said...

We still have a gamecube but Tsenu says we will need to get another system soon since they do not make any of the new games for it any more.
The neighbors got the wii for Christmas and Michy has been playing over there. She also said her arm hurt for two days after playing baseball.