2.27.2008

little bitty gets glasses

A couple of weeks ago I took Julia in for her scheduled eye exam. She hadn't mentioned any vision problems to anyone, but it soon became obvious during her exam that she was having trouble seeing the smaller letters! Sure enough, Julia is following in her parents' and older brother's footsteps and is myopic just like them! I was about the same age as Julia when I started wearing glasses, so it shouldn't have been such a surprise. She was really excited about wearing glasses and picked out her favorite pair at the doctor's office. For the next few days, every time the phone rang she asked me if it was the eye doctor, telling her that her glasses were ready! I'm really glad that she is excited about wearing them. It sure makes my job as the mom that much easier. Now my biggest concern is that these glasses stay intact until our insurance pays for another pair: she's been wearing them for almost a week now and we've already had one repair made on them!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Julia looks sweet.
We get Donovan contacts because he will not wear his glasses. Luck for use they make the ones you can wear for a month straight with out having to take them out to be cleaned, great for a teen.

aisha said...

I wouldn't mind having contact lenses like those-that sounds like heaven. LASIK sounds even better, but I won't be doing that anytime soon!