10.01.2007

serendipity



"The mushroom is the elf of plants, At evening it is not.

At morning in a truffled hut It stops upon a spot

As if it tarried always; And yet its whole career

Is shorter than a snake's delay, And fleeter than a tare."


Emily Dickinson


Last Friday afternoon Collin and I took a walk through our neighborhood. We brought the camera along in case we came across anything interesting. We had found some flowers, a really cool zen cat, and gotten shots of a couple of my favorite houses [click on the Flickr link to see everything] when Collin started to get a little antsy. We were heading back home when he started playing around and goofing off in front of a neighbor's house. I was encouraging him to follow me home when I noticed something underneath some trees. As I stepped in closer for a better look, I found these really great mushrooms! Ever since I was a little girl I have loved mushrooms. I loved to look at them, draw pictures of them, and of course eat them. So whenever I see mushrooms growing it's a wonderful and unexpected find.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was looking through your flickr, I think yesterday, and saw the pictures that you took. I loved the flowers but the mushrooms were the first thing that caught my sight.

Megan said...

cool pic. Love it.

Jennifer said...

Question:
Did you submit any pictures to the fair?
You have a real talent for taking photographs. Ones like yours won at the fair here.

aisha said...

Thanks-that's really nice of you to say!

I have never submitted any photographs. For every decent picture I end up with, I throw away dozens of worthless ones. So it would probably take me awhile to come up with any kind of substantial offering for exhibit. But maybe when the fair rolls around next year I'll look into it. That might give me enough time!