9.23.2007

sunday cookin'


Homemade chicken noodle soup, with homemade gluten-free noodles. Oh my yum. Words simply cannot express my delight! And the best part? My wonderful husband created this amazing soup for us, and it was entirely his own idea. [I was just going to make boring spaghetti for dinner.] He's so great like that. We already had the cooked chicken in the freezer, left over from the Elders Quorum BBQ we hosted over the summer. So that just needed defrosting. And Owen made the gluten-free noodles with our handy-dandy Atlas pasta roller that we just love for stuff like this. The kids just gobbled it up. A perfect autumn dinner.



And for dessert he also made gluten-free chocolate chip cookies from a new recipe I had found on a website today before I went upstairs for my after-church-post-nursery-duty-all-by-myself Sunday nap [you can tell what I did today]. He actually made those after church, before starting the soup. I just love it when he cooks!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I am so jealous. I remember Owen's cooking skills. He made some really good salmon one time when I was visiting you guys in Provo. Aaron is not big on cooking but he is excellent at grilling!

Anonymous said...

I think that is sweet of Owen.
No fair, all of my brothers can cook and I have a husband who can not even make scrambled egg taste good.
Are you always in the nursery or were you there with Collin?
I spent six and a half years teaching in the nursery. I told them that I would never do that calling again, just to make sure they did not ask.

aisha said...

I'm always in the nursery. I've been in the nursery for over a year and a half. So I guess I have, what, five more years to go?

Anonymous said...

No, you let them know way before then that two years is long enough in the nursery. I was just always nice about it. I actually had to tell them that six and a half years was to long and they released me. You get forgotten in the nursery if you do not speak up.

OH, tell Owen I want the recipe for the soup.Please and Thank you!!

Megan said...

I have never understood why they put young mothers in the nursery. I love church because i get a break from them. Why don't they put the grandma's who are missing their grandkids in there? Well, on second thought, I don't think my mom would fare too well with all the kids. But, putting Dads in there on the other hand is an excellent idea.