9.27.2007

sunrise, sunset


I was organizing our digital photos on Picasa today when I came across some photographs taken back when Collin was born. This particular photo was taken the day after Collin was born, a little over three years ago. I am simply amazed at how much our kids have grown since Collin joined our family.

For instance, look at Bailey. Bailey was 9 years old in this picture. And now look at him! Amazing what three years will do. He's on the cusp of adolescence [much to my dismay]. Libby was 6 years old and less than a month away from starting first grade in this picture. And now she's this totally capable 4th grader. And little bitty Julia-3 years old here. How much she has grown, especially in just the last six months or so. Little Collin went from 0 to 3 in what feels like no time at all.

Many years ago someone told me [it may have been my mom] that once the kids start school, the years just fly by. At the time I didn't fully appreciate what that meant, perhaps because Bailey wasn't in school yet. But now I feel as if the years have really been getting away from me. How can it have been this long since Collin was born and yet it feels like hardly any time has passed? Maybe being so busy with the daily needs of a family has rather dulled my sense of time. It has really made me take pause and try to better live in the moment with my family, since the moments are so fleeting. [This must be what getting old feels like!]

Enough philosophizing. Aren't they cute!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Megan said...

It seems like yesterday you had Collin and the whole hospital fiasco happened. They really do look so young there! We need to have another fam reunion!

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean by the years fly once kids start school. Time never seems to stop flying any more. All of my four are in school and one is even in high school.
It seems like only yesterday they were all little ones.