9.27.2007

love at first scent

I think I'm in love. With Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel.

Now, I know this is old news. Mademoiselle has been out for a few years now. But I'll be the first to admit that I'm behind the times. I noticed the new ad campaign [with Kiera Knightley] on the internet and had checked out the website. So, when I came across a magazine sample, I decided to try it. I rubbed every bit that I could off of that paper and onto my skin. And I really loved it! Even Owen, who barely notices what I look like, let alone if I smell good or not, told me that I smelled good. Hey, if he noticed, it has to be good!


So, I get to thinking. I know without even looking at the price list that I won't be rushing off to buy a bottle anytime soon. Christmas is always an option, yet so far away. Suddenly I remember the times when my friends and I were in high school and went to all the fragrance counters, collecting as many sample vials of perfume that we could. Hmm. I wonder. Do they still give out those little samples? I decide to find out.


After my visiting teaching appointment in the morning [yes, I am the eleventh hour visiting teacher], I stop by the local department store and head straight for the Chanel counter. After spritzing myself with Coco Mademoiselle [OK, dousing is really a much more accurate word], I score my sample of Mademoiselle! With a sample of Allure as well, just for good measure.


So now I have some. Maybe if I strategically place the Chanel ad just so on the bathroom counter, Owen will get the hint. Or maybe I can just keep going back for more samples! That could be fun it and of itself. There's just something about scent for me. When I am wearing something that really smells good, it's an automatic pick-me up. It even seems to keep me centered throughout the day when things get crazy. Maybe I'm just crazy!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I do not think so (that you are crazy). Scents are definitly a pick me up for most people. There are some scents that I just love Tsenu to wear.

Now, I will have go find out what Coco Mademoiselle smells like.

Megan said...

I must try it. I'm not a perfume person but this one sounds like it's good!

aisha said...

I'm not usually a perfume person, either, but I love great smells. Like really yummy lotion, soap, shampoo, etc. This one is a little more sophisticated than what I usually wear because I tend to be pretty casual, but for some reason I'm drawn to it.