9.28.2007

uno sees the light


When I checked on the hamsters this morning, the first thing I noticed was that little Uno [rather than stumbling haphazardly through the pineshavings like usual] was walking straight and steady and with a purpose. As I got a closer look, I found that Uno now has eyes! Uno looks so much more like a hamster now with those beady little black eyes. Before s/he resembled some sort of alien creature [much like human newborns, I suppose].

The kids were so excited at this new development and we celebrated by holding both of the hamsters since we're now safely past the whole stress-eating issue. Little Uno's two-week birthday is tomorrow, and [according to my research] that seems to be the safe time to start handling them. Of course I couldn't resist getting a picture of the little one. Just look at that face!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Uno is so little and adorable!
All of the children want pets again when they see pictures like that.
They are already bugging their dad!

aisha said...

Our kids are the same way. And they all know that dad is the pushover! Seriously. If he's at home and the kids want something, they bypass me and go straight to him. Grrrr.