10.21.2007

circle of ghouls

I came across this picture on the internet [about.com if you want to see more in their photo gallery] while I was browsing through some travel research. Isn't it great? With all the beautiful color and open pasture, it seems so New England autumn-y to me.

Sadly I fear that our front yard will not look nearly as festive for Halloween. While I did put the garland of leaves and lanterns around our front door and sidelights [as we've done every fall in this house], I didn't put up the leaves and lights on the porch railing or the scarecrow [complete with black crow!] on the front porch in the chair. Nor did I hang up the cool flying bats from the balcony inside the house and the eaves outside. I love to decorate for fall and Halloween, but this year I just haven't had the time required to do it. I guess there's always next year. At least I did get out a lot of the "inside" stuff for Halloween: the cherished autumn/Halloween books and stuffed animals, garlands of leaves, luminaries, and the haunted tin house I found last year at Target. Even so, I still have a lot of stuff left in the boxes in the garage!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We do not decorate for any holiday, outside. And only Christmas inside.
We just do not want to become one of those homes that have Christmas decorations up in July.