10.08.2007

hopeful harvest

One of the many blossoms on our lemon tree right now. I'm hoping this year yields a better harvest than last year. Due to the intense freeze we suffered last winter, we hardly had any lemons to enjoy from our tree. I think we had one or two good ones from the whole batch. Since we have even more blossoms this year, I'm hoping this winter will be mild enough to harvest some lemons for my kitchen! I love to use them for everything: pasta, salmon, lemon bars [yum], lemonade, lemon poppyseed bread, and whatever else I can come up with.

On a totally random note, does anyone else get confused for the nanny/babysitter/older sibling whenever you're out with your kids? I can't believe that at age 35 it is still happening to me. This morning I took my prescription to the eye doctor's office to order some more contacts and the nurse asked me if I was listed as a child on Owen's vision insurance! Seriously! I can't even count how many times I've been asked if I'm the nanny or the babysitter. Even by solicitors that come to the door. And this one is even funnier, although it happened about ten years ago. I was waiting for Owen in his truck while we was getting a crew started on a construction project, and they all thought that I was his daughter. I guess it's a good thing, although I'm starting to wonder if some of these people need to get glasses themselves. I do own a mirror. And I don't think I look that young!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope that your lemon tree gives you a good yield, too. I love lemons. The best is to put lemon and garlic in ranch dressing; alot of lemon and then on salad.
On your random note; yes. I am 33 now but people think I look young. Not as young as they used to but still not old enough to be the mom of my kids.

Megan said...

Actually, you do look young. And you're so tiny and cute. But, being his daughter is going a bit too far. I could see the whole nanny thing.

You know what I like to do with lemons? Put it down the garbage disposal and it makes your kitchen smell nice!

aisha said...

I love putting them down the disposal, too. I had read that [probably in a magazine] and tried it and it works!

I bet if Owen had been with me when I ordered my contacts that she would have realized that I was the spouse on the insurance and not the child.