10.07.2007

it

Indirectly tagged by Megan, so here goes! This looks like a fun one.

10 years ago I: only had one child, had moved into the new house that we built in Utah, and was expecting child number two. I had graduated from BYU the previous year and enjoying just being at home with Bailey. Life was much quieter than it is now.

5 years ago I: had three children with the eldest in second grade. We were renting a home in Visalia while we built our current house. Much time was spent trolling the internet for house plans and then building said home. [Funny how stuff seems to revolve around children and homes.]

1 year ago I: was pretty much doing what I'm doing now. Getting kids ready for school, packing lunches, taking kids to school, cleaning house and running errands, picking kids up from school, supervising homework and piano practice, making dinner, putting kids to bed, then waking up and doing it all over again. Although I didn't have my blog yet. . .

Yesterday I: sent Bailey off with his saxophone to march in his first parade; recorded Saturday conference to watch at my leisure later; cleaned the hamster cage, washed all the bedsheets, washed all the laundry, finished Julia's science project [don't ask me how many hours I spent on that thing]; took Julia to Build-a-Bear in the mall so she could get an accessory bear, then watched with pride as she changed her mind and decided to keep her money to save up for one of the big bears; ate See's candy [more than what I had planned on], hosed down the front yard, and stayed up no later than 11:45 pm to clean my entire house from top to bottom [oh, except the master shower-must remember to get that done Monday].

5 snacks I enjoy: microwave popcorn, mini charleston chews, red seedless grapes, pretzel sticks and cheese dipped together into dijon mustard, hot apple cider

5 things I would do with a million dollars: pay off our house, go on a trip [anywhere-it doesn't matter], stash away college/mission funds for the kids, add to my library of books, buy new furniture

5 places I would run away to: New England in the autumn, any cozy nook to read in, someplace to get my hair cut, Banana Republic on a spending spree, Washington D.C. [wait a minute-I really am going!]

5 TV shows I like: LOST, Everyday Italian, stuff on History Channel, Gilmore Girls, COPS [ha ha-just checking to see if you're paying attention]

5 things I hate doing: spending all day doing laundry and thinking I'm all caught up, then looking at the clothes hamper again after the kids have gone to bed [4 kids + 1 set of clothes each = mucho clothes]; cleaning the floor [again]; what's for dinner?; filling the car with gas; trying to reason with a cranky pre-schooler who didn't want to nap today

Biggest joys of the moment: autumn is finally here; leaving for the East Coast in a couple of weeks; playing the piano; kids who really do try to please their mom; a husband who helps around the house and with the kids!

People to tag: I'm looking at you, Jennifer!

3 comments:

Megan said...

DC? Fun! Are you going solo? Are you kidding? I love COPS! Ok, just kidding. I don't think I ever saw it.

aisha said...

Not kidding! Mom, Beth and I are having a girl's weekend in our nation's capital towards the end of the month. I'm really looking forward to it!

Jennifer said...

That sound like fun. Tsenu and I have been to D.C. twice together; once to pick up the twins and once to take them home. Now I would like to go for fun!
I can only imagine how long the science project took. Schools love giving out the assignments forgetting that the parent has to put just as much time or more then the child into it. That is why the kid's school no longer lets them write reports at home, they want to make sure it is the childs work.