12.13.2007

how old is your brain?


It all started with Libby. A couple of months ago, she earned and saved enough money to buy a used Nintendo DS. Since I don't allow unrestricted access to video games [whether or not they bought it with their own funds] the DS is stored in my closet until she has permission to use it. It sits right where I can see it every day when I walk inside.
One night I am running errands and Christmas shopping by myself at Target and suddenly I find myself perusing the video games. I stop in front of the DS games and right at eye level is Brain Age. I've heard about Brain Age before. Adults play Brain Age. I, too, am an adult. And I love brain teasers, games, and sudoku, all of which are included in Brain Age. I have access to a Nintendo DS. I decide to buy my first ever video game. I'm feeling younger already.

And I'm hooked! I love competing with myself [and other family members] for the high score. One game card allows you to have four files on it, so Owen, Bailey, and Libby have been playing as well. There are daily training segments, and the more days that you train, the more games and options that are opened to you. And of course there is the namesake Brain Age Check. I currently hold the household high score of 24 [not too bad for a 35 year old mom 'o four]. The best Brain Age is 20, because apparently when we are 20 our minds are as sharp as they're going to get. And if you think about that fact for too long, it gets a little scary! The lowest score is 80. I'm determined to [someday] get to that score of 20. And I'll make sure and let you know when that happens!
Find out more about Brain Age at their website. I've already got my eye on Brain Age 2!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Fun! I love brain teasers too. Aaron and I are big board game addicts. We hardly ever watch mobies anymore because we are so into games. Ever heard of Ticket To Ride? It's a great game. You should get it. The other day Destroy and I were bowling on the Wii and he tied me. And I wasn't trying to lose. Yesterday we played baseball and he beat me by four homeruns. I was so frustrated that I had to quit. Sad, huh?

Jennifer said...

I already love playing games with the kids. I beat them in everything!
I did not give up on blogging. I have been super busy, I go to the kids school for hours everyday. Plus, I have to go to the family history center and I have my church calling.
I am back now. I am getting my Hawaii blog ready now. We had the best time. I told Tsenu if the kids had come with I never would have come home again!!