12.07.2007

the perfect family

Wishing You a Perfect Christmas! by Jeff Holmes Photography

My cousin Jeff Holmes [not to be confused with my brother of the same name] entered this photo in a holiday card competition and won in the Funniest category!

Congratulations to Jeff and his wife Chanel for a brilliant joint effort! As winners, their card will be sold in a pack of cards containing all the winning entries. So, basically their family's picture will be sent everywhere this Christmas! So awesome. It's making my Christmas cards look pretty lame.

I think my favorite part is the hilarious look on Lake's face! He's a total ham. And Libby looks very comfy nestled in the crook of her dad's arm. Check out Jeff's flickr link for more good stuff! And click on this flickr link to see all the winning entries and runners-up.

5 comments:

Megan said...

That's funny that they named their daughter libby. After yours? Or did they just like the name too? I guess where there are two Jeff Holmes, there can be two Libbys, right?

skrike said...

Oddly enough we didnt know Aisha had a daughter named Libby until after we had decided on the name. My wifes Mom actually grew up in a town called Libby Montana, he Grandfather and a few other relatives still live there so we try and go up once a year to visit. Its really beautiful and we kind of fell in love with the town, and liked the name, so we decided to use it.

aisha said...

Libby's given name is actually Elizabeth, but she goes by Libby for short. I had always thought that the name Libby was sweet, and since she was born on the 4th of July, I thought it would be a good nickname since it's akin to "Liberty" and all that!

Megan said...

Yes, Elizabeth is a very cute name :) I'm sure you know it's my middle name too. Did Beth coin her name?

aisha said...

No, her name was my idea. I have always liked the name, plus it is kind of a family name [Bethany and Betty are both variations]. Beth did use it for Ruby's middle name, however.